hello , works with only windows 10, ? or perhaps with seven 64 ? thanks and good job
Pacific Strafe - Alpha
A downloadable game for Windows
Version 0.175 and below - Windows 7, 8 and 10 64 Bit - .NET 4.6 - Tested on Win 7 (.NET 4.6)
Version 0.176 and above - Windows 7, 8 and 10 64 Bit - .NET 5.0
Works on Win 7/8.1 - Mileage will vary. Requires DX11 Jun 2010 run time at the least. Full motion video does not work on Windows 7.
This game is a personal project I am working on. Working title is Pacific Strafe (for now).
The game is a cross between "Raid on Bungling Bay" and the arcade game "1942".
The game consists of you and your wingmen fighting over various historic world war 2 locations to win and recapture territory. That being said, you need the help of ground forces, which will progress across the island. You will be responsible for clearing areas of artillery and other attackers to ensure they can reach objectives (lets face it, what can you capture in a plane?).
- Windows 7, 8 and 10 (windows 7 has no Full Motion Video). This game was built with my own 3d engine I have developed over time, hence why it has progressed slowly.
- Windows .NET 5.0 packages can be found on the Microsoft pages. This moves at times, so check the site directly.
As it is work in progress, most art and graphics are placeholders.
Want to help?
Still in need of an artist and to a degree someone with sound engineering background to assist a little. Developer who wants to get into working on a custom graphics engine.
Game crashing issues?
Have a look at the shortcut in the directory, for an example to enable specific
- Create a shortcut of the strafe.exe
- Update the configuration.ini file with the logging to be true
- Run the game
- Capture the log in your directory.
- Post a message here or on facebook and I can get your log.
- I look at it. Realise a silly mistake, fix it and it works for you..
Other options in Configuration - set default start up options.
Example of enabling configurations is now in the directory as a shortcut.
- -c Configuration.ini can be enabled.
- allows custom resolutions
- enable logging
- Texture Detail
- Fullscreen or window mode
- texture detail (1, 2 ,3) = (low, medium (Default), high)
Please check your virus scanners etc such as Avast which is known to block the games launch.
|Updated||4 days ago|
|Made with||Blender, Audacity|
|Tags||1942, 3D, Arcade, desert-strike, raid-on-bungling-bay, Top-Down, windows-10, World War II|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any), Joystick|
Just download the file and unrar the file into a directory. Game is ready to go.
Please report crashes, non starts in forum. Happy to investigate.
- Version 178.1 - CTD Fixes.4 days ago
- Version 178 - Patch4 days ago
- Version 177 - Sound Fix and Tweaks9 days ago
- Windows Update - Sound Issues44 days ago
- Version 176 - .NET 5.0 move and bug fixes48 days ago
- Version 175.3 - Mission bug fixesMar 05, 2021
- Version 175.2 - Mission Crash FixMar 03, 2021
- Version 175.1 - Bug FixesFeb 25, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.